Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the shop to fill out an application!
Now Hiring General Greenhouse/Farm Laborer
The Greenhouse / Farm Laborer is responsible for the growing of flowers and other plants for distribution and sale at our garden center. This position is a hard working role. This role is responsible for many parts of the growing cycle of plants in our production sites and contributes to some of the highest quality plants industry wide.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Sowing, thinning, weeding, transplanting and moving plants
• Watering of the plants
• Fertilizer/Pesticide application when applicable
• Potting of plants
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere
• Must be able to work in a safety aware environment
• Ability to follow direction
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Candidate must be able to bend, pull and lift 50 lbs. consistently throughout the course of a work day
• Must be able to climb ladders, use a pallet jack
• Able to carry 50 pounds repeatedly the length of greenhouse
• Ability to maneuver between greenhouse tables which are 24 inches apart
• Must have good dexterity skills
• Spanish bi-lingual
• Knowledge of plants
• “Handy-man” skills (able to work with motors, power tools, etc)
Send your resume to email@example.com or come by the shop to fill out an application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.